Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh To Declutter the Stuff

I want to declutter...to simplify my life. I've read many books on the subject. I don't need to become more spiritual as some of these books assert (especially when the spirituality being offered is a Godless spirituality).

I do have too much stuff. I have purged my kitchen, bathroom, linen closet... I have done fairly well with the stuff. I still feel like I have stuff in my house that I don't need. But what really bothers me is the papers! Paper comes into my house everyday: from the kids' school, from the workplace, in the mailbox. It piles up. I try to process it immediately, but there are still pending papers. Processing, piling pending papers.

I just want a clean, clear space to live. But apparently, I love my stuff more. I don't feel like I love my stuff. I think I hate the paperwork. But... why can't I release it? What is up with the piles of papers?

I am positively pissed about the piles of paper. Sorting, stacking, shifting, and stressing sucks.

PepperLove

No comments:

Post a Comment