Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My mama.

It's been 10 years since my mama died and I miss her.

I miss my mama.

I miss her friendship.

I miss our conversations.

I miss her wise advice.

I miss her godly guidance.

I miss her stories.

I miss her adventures.

I miss her fun plans.

I miss hanging out together.

I miss laughing together.

I miss staying up late at night talking.

I miss making things together.

I miss how she lived her life.

I miss how she followed Jesus Christ.

I miss how she believed in me.

I miss how she encouraged me.

I miss how she loved me.

I miss my mama.


She was my biggest cheerleader.

No matter what happened or what I did, she loved me, believed me, encouraged me.

She was a wonderful mom, a special person, the best friend I've ever had. I miss her.

I still want to know what she thinks about things.

I still want to ask her advice on my wardrobe, my front room furniture arrangement, my job, parenting.

I still want to pray together, discuss our growth in our Christian walks as we learn to be more like Jesus.


I have worked through my grief and the plan of God in my life over the past decade, but I still miss her.

I thank God for all the wonderful memories I have. But I still miss her.

It just makes Heaven that much sweeter to have her there. But until then, I'll miss her.


March 3, 2001—March 3, 2011

Ten years without a mother.

Pepper Love


 

3 comments:

  1. I can only strive to be the kind of mother that it sounds like yours was...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sweet post. It has been 7 years since my mom passed away and I miss her always. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing...to have someone so dear in your life to even "be missed" What a gift you had. My heart aches with you and my sisters, but rejoices as I know the full on blessing that I have recieved by the fruit of her womb..as much as the fruit of her Holy Spirit through 3 wonderful women who have changed my life. I CANNOT wait to throw my arms around her and say "I LOVE YOU TOO MOMMA!" for I feel as if I was the daughter she never knew. The other part of the blessing is I KNOW what sweet retreat she is in now with the greatest part of her adventure being lived out with the true love of her life! I love the three of you, and know that through each of you I know her fully..as a bit of her I know is in each of you.
    Blessings sister. I know loss. I know Hope as well.
    Tara Hope

    ReplyDelete